Five Steps for Preparing for a Vulnerability Disclosure
When a high-profile, or simply branded, vulnerability is disclosed, security teams are expected to abandon their planned activities and react. But, these responses can be time-consuming and costly. Even if the vulnerability is achieving mainstream awareness…
enterprises need to balance responses against risk.
Download the Whitepaper
What You Will Learn
This document provides guidance on preparing for a high-profile vulnerability disclosure so risk-management or security teams can respond with the appropriate level of urgency. Teams can use it as a starting point to formulate a strategy for vulnerability responses and be prepared for the eventual disclosure.
The report includes:
- The five steps for creating a vulnerability response plan
- Practical advice on how to ensure your enterprise is responding with the appropriate level of urgency to each vulnerability disclosure
- A sample decision-tree flow chart to help you create your own response plan
- Questions to ask when a new vulnerability disclosure is announced
Who should read the report:
- Security and risk professionals