"State of Software Security Report: Focus on Industry Verticals"
How Does Your AppSec Program Compare?
Veracode’s latest "State of Software Security" report provides analytics from our cloud-based platform that benchmark the application-layer risk profile for seven vertical markets across 34 industries.
What Will You Learn?
Designed for CISOs, application security experts, CIOs and other software development professionals, "State of Software Security V6: Focus on Industry Verticals" analyzes data from more than 200,000 application assessments performed via our cloud-based platform over the past 18 months.
The report provides practical data to help you benchmark your AppSec program against your peers — answering key questions such as:
- Do I have more serious vulnerabilities than my peers?
- What percentage of vulnerabilities do my peers remediate?
- How many of our applications should pass the OWASP Top 10 when initially assessed?
- What are the 10 most common vulnerabilities in our vertical?
- Which programming languages are my peers using?
Remediation Coaching Has a Big Impact
The report also reveals that organizations using Veracode’s remediation coaching services (“readout calls”) improve code security by a factor of 2.5x compared to those that choose to do it on their own. Delivered by world-class security and development experts, these on-demand services help developers understand secure coding practices and remediate vulnerabilities more quickly and efficiently.