Policy Matters: How to Build a Robust Application Security Governance Framework
An effective application security policy framework can take performance and protection to a higher level.
Download the Guide
What You Will Learn:
Without strong policies, even the best application security tools and technology will become ineffective. Download our Policy Matters guide to find out why policies are a critical part of your application security program, how to start developing them and things to consider when establishing them, including:
- Absolute security vs. program participation: Setting the bar too high will encourage your teams to avoid your policy.
- Flaws vs. vulnerabilities: Determine which flaws really leave you vulnerable.
- Remediation vs. mitigation: What is your organizations’ acceptable level of risk?
- Third-party applications: How do you reduce the risk from purchased applications?
- Internal vs. external challenges: Balance your internal policies with regulations coming from the outside.
- Open-source components: What are the guidelines for introducing open-source components into your code?
- Role of the OWASP Top 10 or SANS 25: How firm are your policies in eliminating the most common threats?